Thursday, February 20, 2014

a snowy day

We have had storm after storm after storm this week alone.  And it's mid-late February and I think winter is just getting to everyone.  But the magic of falling snow, and fresh snow, heavy on the branches still makes me gaze in wonder.  I'll probably hate it by afternoon, but the early morning after a storm I do, truly, like snow.

DSC01898 DSC01902 DSC01907
This afternoon, though, it's very warm. For February anyway. So we went out and constructed the first 'Frosty' of the season. So far every storm that we've gone out and tried to make our Z a snowman, the snow has just been fluffy and no good for packing together and rolling around the yard. So we were excited.  Little A, however, tolerates it.  He doesn't really enjoy sitting in a snowbank, and the suit is kind of bulky so he can't move much.  I did see him leaning over with his tongue out to lick the walkway.  In the picture he is just babbling and babbling loudly at me.  I wish I knew what he was saying!  But soon enough we'll understand every word and we'll try to remember what it was like when he just babbled.  I must remember to take a video of his talking.

DSC01917
And then we came inside, and there was cocoa made with steamed almond milk and homemade chocolate syrup.  Okay, so truthfully, I kind of hate making Z cocoa.  I always usually do, because, that's just what you're supposed to do when you come in from playing in the snow.  But she doesn't really drink it.  She plays with it.  Then she leaves it mostly full on the table and it gets cold.  So that's that.

In other news, I've been trying to muster up a blog post that's kind of a "part 2" to the post I wrote a couple weeks ago titled 'good mornings.'  I have so many thoughts and maybe at some point I'll sort them out, but for now, I just can't come up with a post that makes sense.  I understand it in my head, but on paper it's just confusing and disconnected thoughts.  What I'm trying to get at on paper is that the way I like to start my mornings, isn't the only way to have a good morning.  God has been working on my heart lately in the area of sleep issues and more importantly control over those sleep issues.  Ever since I wrote that post, A has been up around 5:30 each day.  Hilarious, right?  I think I understand what God is saying to me, and I'm in the beginning stages of letting go.  It feels good.